Carrot-Fennel Homemade Dog Soup for Your Dog with Seizure
A complete home care for dog with seizure comprises:
- Diet rich in magnesium and vitamin B6
- Timely and adequate relaxation
- Ideal open-air exercise
Diet is the most important of all these. Giving your dog enough relaxation and exercise at the right time will compliment the diet routine and will make her to get over her seizure faster.
Soup is a liquid food and it is a great means to make your dog full of phytochemicals, antioxidants and nutrients.
Magnesium and vitamin B6 are the essential mineral and vitamin, among others, dog with seizure required for healthy living.
Your base ingredients for this recipe are carrot and fennel.
Are you sure your dog does not react to any one of them?
If in doubt, please do this “Food Allergy Trial Test”
And if your dog does react to any of these ingredients, other soup recipes for dogs with seizure are coming soon.
Does everything go well? If yes! Then head to the kitchen and make your dog some soup!
Ingredients for Your Homemade Dog Soup
- Carrot: a root vegetable. An average carrot’s size of about 46 g contains 5 mg of magnesium and 0.07 mg of vitamin B6 among other minerals and vitamins.
- Fennel: a flowering aromatic plant. It is in the carrot family. It very rich in Potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- Kelp: is a natural source of food supplements. A good substitute for salt (since salt is one of the causes of food poisoning in dog). It contains fat, protein, carbohydrate, vitamins (like B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, C, E and K) and minerals (like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc).
- Whole Clove: is an aromatic flower bud used as spice. It very rich in protein, fiber and minerals (like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium).
- Parsely: is a herb used as garnish. It is very rich in minerals (like Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc) and vitamins (like Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K)
- Bay Leaf: is an aromatic leaf used in cooking. It is also a great natural source of minerals and vitamins. It is very rich in magnesium and vitamin B6.
- Celery: a vegetable that can be eaten raw or cooked. It is also a great natural source of magnesium and vitamin B6. It is rich in other minerals and vitamins.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil contains the highest number of monounsaturated fats. Including it in your dog daily diet helps tremendously.
- Honey: a natural sugary syrup. It very rich in minerals and vitamins with moderate amount of magnesium and vitamin B6.
- Pepper: a cooking seasoning. Pepper is very rich in minerals and vitamins. 17g of pepper 19mg of magnesium and 0.601 mg of vitamin B6.
- Thyme: an aromatic seasoning herb. It contain 9 vitamins (including B6) and 7 minerals (including magnesium).
- Carrot (diced) 2 cups
- Fennel (diced) 2 cups
- Olive oil 2 tsp
- Honey 2 tsp
- Drinkable water (purified water is preferable) 4 cups clean
- Thyme (fresh and minced) 1/2 tsp.
- Kelp 1/8 tsp
- Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Celery 4 oz (125 g) coarsely chopped
- Bay leaf 1 piece
- Parsley stems 6 pieces
- Whole cloves 2 pieces
Preparation Method and Procedure
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Line the oven metal tray with foil.
3. In an appropriate size bowl, combine carrot, fennel, celery, bay leaf, parsley stems and whole cloves.
4. Sprinkle with honey and olive oil. Then mix everything to combine.
5. Spread the mix on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 13 minutes or until they begin to scorch.
8. Combine roasted vegetables, water, and thyme in a blender. Blend until smooth.
9. Season with kelp and pepper
10. Heat a bit to appropriate temperature before serving your dog.
Recipe Nutrition Details
Calorie: 242 kcal
Carbs: 15.6 g
Proteins: 3.8 g
Fats: 13 g
Fiber: 7.6 g
Minerals: 980 mg
Vitamins: 40 mg
Give your dog a cup of the soup per day. Serve her in-between meals of homemade dog food for dog with seizure.
I will appreciate your feed back on how your dog is getting over her seizure with this
Do you have question or opinion about this post? Make it in the comment below
Cook For your Dog! Care For Your Dog! Subscribe For Our Newsletters!
Previous Post: « Brown Rice – Tuna Homemade Recipe for Your Adult Dog with Seizure